Monday, May 2, 2011

I still have it.

This past weekend I challenged my youth. I won. You see, I normally get an average of 5-6 hours of sleep a night. So when I got 12 hours of sleep on Friday night, I was ready. to. party. on Saturday night. And party I did. I consistently drank for 12 hours, closed down a bar, and continued until the sun came up. And not until the sun was peeking to what we would call dawn, but until the sun was so bright it didn't make sense to go to bed at all. Oh hi there, 6:00 am. BFF and I got to the bar early to get a table to watch the game. Drinks begin at 5:30 pm. I order a mojito that I was convinced was made with tequila. Tequila and I are not friends. In any sense of the word. Then I saw a caesar that came in a BOOT. With PEPPERONI. Umm, yes please. The caesar was deliciously spicy, it had sour cream in it (sounds strange, but was NOT. AT. ALL.), and the pepperoni was soaked in caesar, which is now how I will probably have to forever after eat my pepperoni. Thanks, Local (the bar we were at). The following caesar's were requested to have 3 sticks of pepperoni instead of the pepperoni, spicy bean, olive combo. And 3 sticks of pepperoni I got.

The game was slow, as I'm sure every one of you knows. And it was long. Two OT's? I was over it. Then we lost. Not okay. Time to change tables. To a booth. Let's just say that sitting in a booth when you're not the one on the end is a bad idea when drinking. I heard the words "I need to get out" and "can I get out?" and "excuse me" more than I wanted. Our party slowly dwindled to enough people that we could move tables. Again.

Oh hi there, New Zealanders. You're pretty. Fast forward two more hours, some more drinks, a game of musical chairs, and a snap show at the creepy Spaniard, the lights come on and we move the party onward continue to sit at our table. "Can we order food?" Uhh, no, the bar is closed. No food will be had.

We all end up back at BFF's apartment (approximately 3 steps away from said bar), to drink beer/wine, snort salt (well, one of us did. Not me.), draw whiskers with eyeshadow on those that pass out, download random apps on phones, close curtains because we are in denial of the rising sun, and then go to bed still in our clothes because it's 6:00 am.

Now, to be fair, I ended up getting my usual 5 hours of sleep, but I woke up soooooooooo tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiired. BFF comes out of her room still in her dress. We're both probably still drunk. When did this couch get pulled out into a bed? Where did this mostcomfortableduvetintheworld come from? Why am I sleeping on a bare mattress when there's a fitted sheet sitting on the table beside me? So many unanswered questions. Moral of the story? I may or may not be spending a significant amount of time at BFF's this summer.

1 comment: